Lakshmi Puja Vidhi | Shodashopachara Lakshmi Puja during Diwali
- Dhyana (ध्यान)Puja should begin with the meditation of Bhagawati Lakshmi. Dhyan should be done in front of already installed Shri Lakshmi statue in front of you. Following Mantra should be chanted while meditating on Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.Shri Lakshmi Puja during Diwali
Ya Sa Padmasanastha Vipul-Kati-Tati Padma-Patrayatakshi,
Gambhirartav-Nabhih Stana-Bhara-Namita Shubhra-Vasttariya।
Ya Lakshmirdivya-Roopairmani-Gana-Khachitaih Svapita Hema-Kumbhaih,
Sa Nityam Padma-Hasta Mam Vasatu Grihe Sarva-Maangalya-Yukta॥Mantra Translation - Bhagawati Lakshmi, Who sits on the Lotus flower, Who has beautiful and big eyes like lotus petals, Who has broad waist and deep circular navel, Who is bowed with bosom weight and decorated with upper garment made of beautiful cloth, Who has taken bath with divine golden-pitchers encrusted with jewels, O lotus-armed Shri Lakshmi, please dwell in my home forever with all fortune and good luck for me.
- Aavahan (आवाहन)After Dhyan of Shri Bhagwati Lakshmi, one should chant following Mantra in front of the Murti, by showing Aavahan Mudra (Aavahan Mudra is formed by joining both palms and folding both thumbs inwards).
Aagachchha Dev-Deveshi! Tejomayi Maha-Lakshmi!
Kriyamanam Maya Pujaam, Grihaan Sur-Vandite!॥Shri Lakshmi-Devi Aavahayami॥Mantra Translation - O Goddess of Gods! O splendid Maha Devi Lakshmi! Worshipped by Gods! Please come and accept the Puja offered by me. Thus, I invoke Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Pushpanjali Asana (पुष्पाञ्जलि आसन)After Shri Lakshmi has been invoked, take five flowers in Anjali (by joining palm of both hands) and leave them in front of the Murti to offer seat to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Aasanam Dev-Devesh! Preetyartham Prati-Grihyataam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Aasanarthe Panch-Pushpani Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - O Goddess of Gods! Please take the seat which is decorated with gold and various types of jewels for my pleasure. Thus, I offer five flowers for the seat of Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Swagat (स्वागत)After offering flowers-made seat to Shri Bhagawati Lakshmi, chant following Mantra with folded hands to welcome Shri Lakshmi.
Shri Lakshmi-Devi! Swagatam।Mantra Translation - O Devi, Lakshmi! I welcome you.
- Padya (पाद्य)After welcoming Shri Lakshmi offer Her water to wash the feet while chanting following Mantra.
Padyam Grihaan Deveshi, Sarva-Kshema-Samarthe, Bhoh!
Bhaktya Samarpitam Devi, Maha-Lakshmi! Namoastu Te॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Padyam Namah॥Mantra Translation - O Goddess of Gods, who is capable of doing all sorts of welfare! I offer the water to wash the feet with full devotion, please accept it. O Maha-Devi, Lakshmi! I pay my obeisance to you. Thus, it is the water to wash the feet of Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi and I greet Her.
- Arghya (अर्घ्य)After Padya offering, offer water to Shri Lakshmi for head Abhishekam while chanting following Mantra.
Namaste Dev-Deveshi! Namaste Kamal-Dharini!
Namaste Shri Maha-Lakshmi, Dhanada-Devi! Arghyam Grihaan।
Grihaan Toyamarghyarthan, Parameshwari Vatsale!॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Arghyam Swaha॥Mantra Translation - O Shri Lakshmi! I greet You. I salute the Goddess of Gods who adorns the Lotus flower! O Goddess of wealth! I salute you. Please accept the water for head Abhishekam. O welfare-doing supreme Goddess! Please accept the water, mixed with Chandan, flower and rice for head Abhishekam along with fruit and other liquids. Thus, I deliver Arghya for Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Snana (स्नान)After Arghya offering, offer water to Shri Lakshmi for the bath while chanting following Mantra.
Snapitasi Maya Devi Tatha Shantim Kurushva Me॥
Adityavarne Tapasoadhijato Vanaspatistava Vrikshoatha Bilvah।
Tasya Phalani Tapasa Nudantu Mayantarayashcha Bahya Alakshmih।॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Jalasnanam Samarpayami॥
- Panchamrita Snana (पञ्चामृतस्नान)After Snanam, offer Panchamrita bath to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Dadhi Madhu Ghratashchaiva Payashcha Sharkarayutam।
Panchamritam Samanitam Snanartham Pratigrihyatam॥
Om Panchanadyah Saraswatimapiyanti Sasrotasah।
Saraswati Tu Panchadhasodeshebhavat Sarit।॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Panchamritasnanam Samarpayami॥
- Gandha Snana (गन्धस्नान)Now offer scent bath to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Om Malayachalasambhutam Chandanagarusambhavam।
Chandanam Devadeveshi Snanartham Pratigrihyatam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Gandhasnanam Samarpayami॥
- Shuddha Snana (शुद्ध स्नान)After Gandhasnanam, offer bath to Shri Lakshmi with pure water while chanting following Mantra.
Mandakinyastu Yadvari Sarvapapaharam Shubham।
Tadidam Kalpitam Tubhyam Snanartham Pratigrihyatam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Shuddhodakasnanam Samarpayami॥
- Vastra (वस्त्र)Now offer Moli (मोली) as new clothes to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Divyambaram Nutanam Hi Kshaumam Tvatimanoharam।
Diyamanam Maya Devi Grihana Jagadambike॥
Upaitu Mam Devasakhah Kirtishch Manina Saha।
Pradurbhuto Surashtreasmin Kirtimriddhi Dadatu Me॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Vastram Samarpayami॥
- Madhuparka (मधुपर्क)Now offer honey and milk to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Om Kapilam Dadhi Kundendudhavalam Madhusamyutam।
Swarnapatrasthitam Devi Madhuparkam Grihana Bhoh॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Madhuparkam Samarpayami॥
- Abhushana (आभूषण)After Madhuparkam offering, offer jewelery to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Ratnakankada Vaiduryamuktaharayutani Cha।
Suprasannena Manasa Dattani Swikurushwa Me॥
Kshuptipapasamalam Jyeshthamalakshmim Nashayamyaham।
Abhutimasamriddhim Cha Sarvannirnuda Me Grahat॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Abhushanani Samarpayami॥
- Raktachandana (रक्तचन्दन)After Abhushana offering, offer red sandalwood to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Om Raktachandanasammishram Parijatasamudbhavam
Maya Dattam Grihanashu Chandanam Gandhasamyutam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Raktachandanam Samarpayami॥
- Sindoor (सिन्दुर)Now offer vermilion to Shri Lakshmi for Tilak while chanting following Mantra.
Om Sinduram Raktavarnashcha Sinduratilakapriye।
Bhaktya Dattam Maya Devi Sinduram Pratigrihyatam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Sinduram Samarpayami॥
- Kumkuma (कुङ्कुम)Now offer Kumkuma as symbol of Akhand Saubhagya to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Om Kumkumam Kamadam Divyam Kumkumam Kamarupinam।
Akhandakamasaubhagyam Kumkumam Pratigrihyatam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Kumkumam Samarpayami॥
- Abira-Gulala (अबीरगुलाल)Now offer auspicious Abira-Gulala to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Abirashcha Gulalam Cha Chova-Chandanameva Cha।
Shringarartham Maya Dattam Grihana Parameshwari॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Abiragulalam Samarpayami॥
- Sugandhitadravya (सुगन्धितद्रव्य)Now offer scent to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Om Tailani Cha Sugandhini Dravyani Vividhani Cha।
Maya Dattani Lepartham Grihana Parameshwari॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Sugandhita Tailam Samarpayami॥
- Akshata (अक्षत)Offer unbroken rice to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Akshatashcha Surashreshtha Kumkumaktah Sushobhitah।
Maya Nivedita Bhaktya Pujartham Pratigrihyatam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Akshatan Samarpayami॥
- Gandha-Samarpan/Chandan-Samarpan (गन्ध-समर्पण/चन्दन-समर्पण)Offer Chandan to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Shri-Khanda-Chandanam Divyam, Gandhaadayam Sumanoharam।
Vilepanam Maha-Lakshmi! Chandanam Prati-Grihyataam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Chandanam Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - O Maha Lakshmi! Please accept delightful and aromatic sandal paste to anoint the body. Thus, I offer sandal paste to Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Pushpa-Samarpan (पुष्प-समर्पण)Offer flowers to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Pujayaami Maha-Lakshmi! Prasida Me Sureshwari!॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Pushpam Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - O Maha Lakshmi! I worship You with available seasonal flowers, Vilva and basil-leaves. O Goddess of Gods! Please shower me with your blessings. Thus I offer flowers for Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Anga-Pujan (अङ्ग-पूजन)Now worship those Gods who are body parts of Shri Bhagawati Lakshmi itself. For that take Gandha, Akshata and Pushpa in left hand and leave them near to Shri Lakshmi Murti with right hand while chanting following Mantra(s).
Om Chapalaayai Namah Padau Pujayami।
Om Chanchalayai Namah Janunee Pujayami।
Om Kamalayai Namah Katim Pujayami।
Om Katyaayanyai Namah Naabhim Pujayami।
Om Jaganmatrai Namah Jatharam Pujayami।
Om Vishwa-Vallabhaayai Namah Vaksha-Sthalam Pujayami।
Om Kamala-Vaasinyai Namah Hastou Pujayami।
Om Kamala-Patrakshyai Namah Netra-Trayam Pujayami।
Om Shriyai Namah Shirah Pujayami।
- Ashta-Siddhi Puja (अष्ट-सिद्धि पूजा)Now worship Ashta-Siddhi near to Shri Lakshmi. For that take Gandha, Akshata and Pushpa in left hand and leave them near to Shri Lakshmi Murti with right hand while chanting following Mantra(s).
Om Animne Namah। Om Mahimne Namah।
Om Garimne Namah। Om Laghimne Namah।
Om Praptyai Namah। Om Prakaamyai Namah।
Om Ishitaayai Namah। Om Vashitaayai Namah।
- Ashta-Lakshmi Puja (अष्ट-लक्ष्मी पूजा)After Ashta-Siddhi Puja, perform Ashta-Lakshmi Puja, near the Pratima of Maha Lakshmi. Ashta-Lakshmi Puja should be performed with Akshata, Chandan and flowers while chanting following Mantra -
Om Aadhya-Lakshmyai Namah। Om Vidhya-Lakshmyai Namah।
Om Saubhagya-Lakshmyai Namah। Om Amrit-Lakshmyai Namah।
Om Kamalakshyai Namah। Om Satya-Lakshmyai Namah।
Om Bhoga-Lakshmyai Namah। Om Yoga-Lakshmyai Namah।
- Dhoop-Samarpan (धूप-समर्पण)Now offer Dhoop to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Vanaspati-Rasodbhuto Gandhaadhyah Sumanoharah।
Aaghreyah Sarva-Devanaam, Dhupoayam Prati-Grihyataam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Dhoopam Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - Please accept this beautiful, charming, aromatic Dhoop which is made of trees’ sap and qualified for inhaling by all Gods. Thus, I offer Dhoop for Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Deep-Samarpan (दीप-समर्पण)Now offer Deep to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Sajyam Varti-Sanyuktam Cha, Vahnina Yojitam Mayaa,
Deepam Grihaan Deveshi! Trailokya-Timirapaham।
Bhaktya Deepam Prayachchhaami, Shri Lakshmyai Paratparaayai।
Trahi Maam Niryaad Ghoraad, Deepoayam Prati-Grihyataam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Deepam Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - O Goddess of Gods! Please accept the lamp with Ghee and lighten by me with cotton-wick, which can remove darkness from three worlds. I offer the lamp to superior to the superior Shri Lakshmi-Devi with full devotion. Thus, I offer Deepak for Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Naivedhya-Samarpan (नैवेद्य-समर्पण)Now offer Naivedhya to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Sharkara-Khanda-Khadyaani, Dadhi-Ksheera-Ghritaani Cha।
Aaharo Bhakshya-Bhojyam Cha, Naivedhyam Prati-Grihyataam।॥Yathamshatah Shri Lakshmyai-Devyai Naivedhyam Samarpayami –
Om Pranaya Swaha। Om Apanaya Swaha।
Om Samanaya Swaha। Om Udanaya Swaha। Om Vyanaya Swaha॥Mantra Translation - Please accept the offered meal which includes sugar made sweets and other eatable and drinkable items with curd, milk and Ghee. I offer Naivedhya to, thus qualified, Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi. Please accept it for all five vital airs of the body, namely Praana, Apaan, Samaan, Udaan and Vyaan.
- Achamana-Samarpan/Jal-Samarpan (आचमन-समर्पण/जल-समर्पण)Now offer water to Shri Lakshmi for Achamana while chanting following Mantra.
Tatah Paniyam Samarpayami Iti Uttaraposhanam।
Hasta-Prakshalanam Samarpayami। Mukh-Prakshalanam।
Karodvartanarthe Chandanam Samarpayami।Mantra Translation - After Naivedhya I offer the water for drinking and Achamana (sipping water from the palm of the hand for purification), for cleaning hands, for cleaning face; along with sandal paste for anointing hands.
- Tambool-Samarpan (ताम्बूल-समर्पण)Now offer Tambool (Paan with betel nuts) to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Poogi-Phalam Maha-Divyam, Naga-Valli-Dalairyutam।
Karpurailaa-Samayuktam, Tamboolam Prati-Grihyataam॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Mukh-Vasartham Poogi-Phalam-Yuktam Tamboolam Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - O Goddess of Gods, Please accept Tamboola made of betel leaves, fortified with highly refined betel nuts, camphor and cardamom. Thus I offer Tamboola with betel-nuts for mouth refreshment of Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Dakshina (दक्षिणा)Now offer Dakshina (gift) to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Hiranya-Garbha-Garbhastham, Hema-Veejam Vibhaavasoh।
Ananta-Punya-Phaladamatah Shantim Prayachchha Me॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Suvarna-Pushpa-Dakshinaam Samarpayami॥Mantra Translation - O Goddess of Gods! You bestow endless blessing, please give me peace with gold-filled Champak flower. Thus, I offer gold like flower as gift to Bhagawati Shri Lakshmi.
- Pradakshina (प्रदक्षिणा)Now offer symbolic Pradakshina (circumambulate from left to right of Shri Lakshmi) with flowers while chanting following Mantra.
Yani Yani Cha Papani, Janmantar-Kritani Cha।
Tani Tani Vinashyanti, Pradakshinam Pade Pade॥
Anyatha Sharanam Naasti, Tvameva Sharanam Devi!
Tasmaat kaarunya-Bhaven, Kshamasva Parameshwari॥॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Pradakshinam Samarpayami॥
- Vandana-Sahit Pushpanjali (वन्दना-सहित पुष्पाञ्जलि)Now perform Vandana and offer flowers to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Kar-Kritam Vaa Kayajam Karmajam Vaa,
Shravan-Nayanajam Vaa Manasam Vaaparadham।
Viditamaviditam Vaa, Sarvametat Kshamasva,
Jaya Jaya Karunaabdhe, Shri Maha-Lakshmi Trahi।॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Mantra-Pushpanjali Samarpayami॥
- Sashtanga-Pranam (साष्टाङ्ग-प्रणाम)Now offer Sashtanga Pranam (Pranam which is done with eight limbs) to Shri Lakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Om Bhavani! Tvam Maha-Lakshmih Sarva-Kaam-Pradayini।
Prasannaa Santushtha Bhava Devi! Namoastu Te।॥Anena Pujanena Shri Lakshmi-Devi Preeyataam, Namo Namah॥
- Kshama-Prarthana (क्षमा-प्रार्थना)Now seek pardon from Shri Lakshmi for any known-unknown mistakes done during Puja while chanting following Mantra.
Avahanam Na janami, Na Janami Visarjanam॥
Puja-Karma Na Janami, Kshamasva Parameshwari॥
Mantra-Heenam Kriya-Heenam, Bhakti Heenam Sureshwari!
Maya Yat-Poojitam Devi! Paripoornam Tadastu Me॥
Anena Yatha-Militopachaara-Dravyai Krita-Poojanena Shri Lakshmi-Devi Preeyataam॥Shri Lakshmi-Devyai Arpanamastu॥
- Diwali a brief essay on Deepawali
- Diwali Puja Calendar list of 5 days diwali festivity
- Lakshmi Ganesha Yantra full size Yantra wallpaper for Diwali Puja
- Dhanteras Puja Lakshmi Puja with God Kubera
- Kuber Puja Vidhi Kuber Puja during Diwali
- Diwali Puja Vidhi detailed Deepavali Puja vidhi
- Diwali Greetings e-greetings and e-cards for Deepawali
- Diwali Rangolis beautiful designs for Deepawali
- Lakshmi Puja Samagri puja samagri used in Lakshmi Pujan
- Diwali Wallpapers full size HD Lakshmi Ganesha images
- Lakshmi Ganesha Mantras list of Mantras for Lakshmi Ganesha Puja
- Diwali Solar Eclipse Lakshmi Puja during Surya Grahan
- Diwali Remedies remedies to gain wealth during Diwali
- Lakshmi Puja Goddess Lakshmi Puja during Diwali
- 108 Lakshmi Names Lakshmi 108 names with video
- 1008 Lakshmi Names Sahasranamavali of Goddess Lakshmi
- Lakshmi Aarti lyrics of Om Jai Lakshmi Mata
- Lakshmi Chalisa 40 verse prayer of Goddess Lakshmi
- Shree Suktam stotram of Goddess Lakshmi
- Mahalakshmi Mantra list of Goddess Mahalakshmi Mantra
- Lakshmi Pada Rangolis beautiful Lakshmi Pada designs for Deepawali
- Lakshmi Hridaya Rangolis Hridaya Kamala Rangoli designs for Lakshmi Puja