Satyanarayan Puja Vidhi | Shodashopachara Vishnu Puja Vidhi
- Dhyanam (ध्यानम्)Puja should begin with the meditation of Lord Satyanarayan. Dhyana should be done in front of Satyanarayan image or idol in front of you. Following Mantra should be chanted while meditating on Lord Satyanarayan.Shri Satyanarayan Puja
Dhyayet Satyam Gunatitam Gunatrayasamanvitam।
Lokanatham Trilokesham Kaustubhabharanam Harim॥
Nilavarna Pitavastram Shrivatsapadabhushitam।
Govindam Gokulanandam Brahmadyairapi Pujitam॥
- Avahanam (आवाहनं)After Dhyana of Lord Satyanarayan, one should chant following Mantra in front of the Murti, by showing Avahan Mudra (Avahan Mudra is formed by joining both palms and folding both thumbs inwards).
Damodara Samagachchha Lakshmya Saha Jagatpate।
Imam Maya Kritam Pujam Grihana Surasattama॥Shri Lakshmi Sahita Shri Satyanarayanaya Avahayami।
- Asana (आसन)After Lord Satyanarayan has been invoked, take five flowers in Anjali (by joining palm of both hands) and leave them in front of the Murti to offer seat to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Nanaratna Samakirna Kartasvaravibhushitam।
Asanam Devadevesha! Prityartham Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Asanam Samarpayami।
- Padyam (पाद्यम्)After Asana offering, offer water to Shri Satyanarayan to wash the feet while chanting following Mantra.
Narayanah Namasteastu Narakarnavataraka।
Padyam Grihana Devesha! Mama Saukhyam Vivardhaya॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Padayoh Padyam Samarpayami।
- Arghyam (अर्घ्यम्)After Padya offering, offer water to Shri Satyanarayan for head Abhishekam while chanting following Mantra.
Vyaktavyaktasvarupaya Hrishikapataye Namah।
Maya Nivedito Bhaktya Arghyoayam Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Arghyam Samarpayami।
- Achamaniyam (आचमनीयम्)After Arghya offering, offer water to Shri Satyanarayan for Achamana while chanting following Mantra.
Mandakinyastu Yadvari Sarvapaapa Haram Shubham।
Tadidam Kalpitam Deva Samyagachamyatam Vibho॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Achamaniyam Samarpayami।
- Panchamrita Snanam (पञ्चामृत स्नानम्)After Achamaniya offering, give a bath with Panchamrita (the mixture of milk, curd, honey, Ghee and sugar) to Shri Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Snanam Panchamritairdeva Grihana Surasattama।
Anathanatha Sarvajna Girvana Pranatapriya॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Panchamrita Snanam Samarpayami।
- Shuddhodaka Snanam (शुद्धोदक स्नानम्)After Panchamrita Snana, offer bath to Shri Satyanarayan with pure water while chanting following Mantra.
Nanatirthasamanitam Sarvapaapa Haram Shubham।
Tadidam Kalpitam Deva Snanartham Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Shuddhodaka Snanam Samarpayami।
- Vastram (वस्त्रं)After Shuddhodaka Snana, now offer new clothes to Shri Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Shitavatoshna Samtranam Lajjayah Rakshanam Param।
Dehalankaranam Vastra Prityartham Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Vastra Yugmam Samarpayami।
- Yajnopavitam (यज्ञोपवीतं)After Vastra offering, offer holy thread to Shri Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Brahmavishnumaheshena Nirmitam Sutramuttamam।
Grihana Bhagawan Vishnu Sarveshta Phalado Bhava॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Yajnopavitam Samarpayami।
- Chandan (चन्दन)After Yajnopavita offering, offer sandalwood paste or powder to Shri Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Shrikhanda Chandanam Divyam Gandhadhyam Sumanoharam।
Vilepanam Surashreshtha Chandanam Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Chandanam Samarpayami।
- Pushpa (पुष्प)After Chandan offering, offer flowers to Shri Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Malyadini Sugandhini Malatyadini Vai Prabho।
Maya Hritani Pushpani Pujartham Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Pushpam Samarpayami।
- Dhupam (धूपम्)After Pushpa offering, offer Dhupa to Shri Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Vanaspatirasodbhuto Gandhadhyo Gandha Uttamah।
Aghreyah Sarvadevanam Dhupoayam Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Dhupam Aghrapayami।
- Deepam (दीपं)After Dhupam offering, offer enlightened earthen lamp of pure Ghee to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Sajyam Cha Varti Samyuktam Vahnina Deepitam Maya।
Deepam Grihana Devesha Mama Saukhyaprado Bhava॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Deepam Darshayami।
- Naivedyam (नैवेद्यं)After Deepam offering, wash your hands and offer Naivedya. It should include different type of fruits and sweets and offer this to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Ghritapakvam Havishyannam Payasam Cha Sasharkaram।
Nanavidham Cha Naivedyam Grihininva Surasattama॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Naivedyam Nivedayami।
- Tambula (ताम्बूल)After offering Naivedyam, offer betel leaf (Tambula) to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Lavangakarpurasamyutam Tambulam Sura Pujitam।
Eladichurna Samyuktam Prityartham Pratigrihyatam॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Tambulam Samarpayami।
- Phala (फल)After offering Tambulam, offer fruits to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Idam Phalam Maya Deva! Sthapitam Puratastav।
Tena Me Saphalavaptirbhavejjanmani Janmani॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Phalam Samarpayami।
- Aarti (आरती)After offering fruits, offer Aarti with lit camphor in Puja Thali to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
After chanting following Mantra sing Shri Satyanarayan Aarti in praise of Lord Satyanarayan.
Chaturvarti Samayuktam Goghritena Cha Puritam।
Arartikyamaham Kurve Pashya Me Varado Bhava॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Mangala Aartim Samarpayami।
- Pradakshinam (प्रदक्षिणम्)After Aarti, now offer symbolic Pradakshina (circumambulate from left to right of Shri Satyanarayan) with flowers in hand while chanting following Mantra.
Yani Kani Cha Papani Janmantara Kritani Cha।
Tani Tani Vinashyantu Pradakshina Pade Pade॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Pradakshinam Samarpayami।
- Mantra Pushpanjali (मन्त्र पुष्पाञ्जलि)After Pradakshina, offer incantations and flowers to Lord Satyanarayan while chanting following Mantra.
Yanmaya Bhakti Yuktena Patram Pushpam Phalam Jalam।
Niveditam Cha Naivedyam Tad Grihananukampaya॥
Mantrahinam Kriyahinam Bhaktihinam Janardana।
Yatpujitam Mayadeva Paripurna Tadastu Me॥
Anaya Pujaya Shrivishnuh Prasidatu॥Om Shri Satyanarayanaya Namah Pushpanjalim Samarpayami।