Varalakshmi Puja Vidhi | Shodashopachara Varalakshmi Puja
Before beginning Varalakshmi Puja one should collect all the necessary items used during Puja. The collection of all items needed for Varalakshmi Puja is known as Varalakshmi Pujan Samagri.
- Dhyana (ध्यान)Puja should begin with the meditation of Shri Varalakshmi. Dhyana should be done in front of already installed Shri Varalakshmi statue in front of you. Following Mantra should be chanted while meditating on Shri Varalakshmi.Shri Varalakshmi Puja
Kshirasagara Sambhutam Kshiravarnasamaprabham।
Kshiravarnasamam Vastram Dadhanam Harivallabham॥
- Avahana (आवाहन)After Dhyana of Shri Varalakshmi, one should chant following Mantra in front of the Murti, by showing Avahana Mudra (Avahana Mudra is formed by joining both palms and folding both thumbs inwards).
Brahmi Hamsasamarudha Dharinyakshakamandalu।
Vishnutejoadhika Devi Sa Mam Patu Varaprada॥
- Asana (आसन)After Shri Varalakshmi has been invoked, take five flowers in Anjali (by joining palm of both hands) and leave them in front of the Murti to offer seat to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Maheshwari Mahadevi Asanam Te Dadamyaham।
Mahaishvaryasamayuktam Brahmani Brahmanah Priye॥
- Padya (पाद्य)After offering Asana to Shri Varalakshmi offer Her water to wash the feet while chanting following Mantra.
Kumarashaktisampanne Kaumari Shikhivahane।
Padyam Dadamyaham Devi Varade Varalakshane॥
- Arghya (अर्घ्य)After Padya offering, offer water to Shri Varalakshmi for head Abhishekam while chanting following Mantra.
Arghyam Grihana Bho Lakshmi Devanamupakarini॥
- Achamana (आचमन)After Arghya offering, offer water to Shri Varalakshmi for Achamana while chanting following Mantra.
Vaishnavi Vishnusamyukte Asankhyayudhadharini।
Achamyatam devapujye Varadeasuramardini॥
- Panchamrita Snana (पञ्चामृत स्नान)After Snanam, offer Panchamrita bath to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Padme Panchamritaih Shuddhaih Snapayishye Haripriye।
Verde Shakti-Sambhute Varadevi Varapriye॥
- Snana (स्नान)After Panchamrita Snana, offer water to Shri Varalakshmi for the bath while chanting following Mantra.
Gangajalam Samanitam Sugandhidravyasamyutam।
Snanartham Te Maya Dattam Grihana Parameshvari॥
- Vastra (वस्त्र)Now offer Moli (मोली) as new clothes to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Rajatadrisamam Divyam Kshirasagarasannibham।
Chandraprabhasamam Devi Vastram Te Pradadamyaham॥
- Kanthasutra (कण्ठसूत्र)After Vastra offering, offer neclace to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Dattam Managalasutram Te Grihana Suravallabhe॥
- Abharana (आभरण)Now Offer jewellery (Abhushana) to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Suvarnabhushitam Divyam Nanaratnasushobhitam।
Trailokyabhushite Devi Grihanabharanam Shubham॥
- Gandha Samarpan (गन्ध समर्पण)Offer Chandana to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Dasyami Devi Varade Lakshmirdevi Prasida Me॥
- Saubhagya Dravya (सौभाग्य द्रव्य)Now offer Haldi, Kumkum, Sindoor, Kajal as Saubhagya Dravya to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Haridram Kumkumam Chaiva Sindooram Kajjalanvitam।
Saubhagyadravyasamyuktam Grihana Parameshvari॥
- Pushpa Samarpan (पुष्प समर्पण)Offer flowers to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Nanavidhani Pushpani Nana Varnayutani Cha।
Pushpani Te Prayachchami Bhaktya Devi Varaprade॥
- Anga-Pujan (अङ्ग-पूजन)Now worship those Gods who are body parts of Shri Varalakshmi itself. For that take Gandha, Akshata and Pushpa in left hand and leave them near to Shri Varalakshmi Murti with right hand while chanting following Mantra(s).
Om Varalakshmyai Namah Padau Pujayami।
Om Kamalavasinyai Namah Gulphau Pujayami।
Om Padmalayayai Namah Janghe Pujayami।
Om Shriyai Namah Januni Pujayami।
Om Indirayai Namah Uru Pujayami।
Om Haripriyai Namah Nabhim Pujayami।
Om Lokadhatryai Namah Stanau Pujayami।
Om Vidhatryai Namah Kantham Pujayami।
Om Dhatryai Namah Nasam Pujayami।
Om Saraswatyai Namah Mukham Pujayami।
Om Padmanidhaye Namah Netre Pujayami।
Om Mangalyayai Namah Karnau Pujayami।
Om Kshirasagarajayai Namah Lalatam Pujayami।
Om Shrimahalakshmyai Namah Shirah Pujayami।
Om Shrimahakalyai Namah Sarvangam Pujayami।
- Dhoop (धूप)Now offer Dhoop to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Dhupam Dasyami Te Devi Goghritena Samanvitam।
Pratigrihn Mahadevi Bhaktanam Varadapriye॥
- Deep (दीप)Now offer to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Sajyam Cha Varti Samyuktam Vahnina Yojitam Maya।
Deepam Grihana Deveshi Trailokyatimirapham॥
- Naivedya (नैवेद्य)Now offer Naivedya to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Naivedyam Paramam Divyam Drishtipritikaram Shubham।
- Tambula (ताम्बूल)Now offer Tambula (Paan with betel nuts) to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Varalakshmirgrihana Tvam Tambulam Pratigrihyatam॥
- Dakshina (दक्षिणा)Now offer Dakshina (gift) to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Suvarnam Sarvadhatunam Shreshtham Devi Cha Tatsada।
Bhaktya Dadami Varade Svarnavrishtim Cha Dehi Me॥
- Nirajana (नीराजन)Now offer Nirajana (Aarti) to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Nirajanam Sumangalyam Karpurena Samanvitam।
Chandrarkavahnisadrisham Grihna Devi Namoastu Te॥
- Dorakagrahana (दोरकग्रहण)Now devotee should accept the Dorak (the sacred thread) while chanting following Mantra.
Dorakam Pratigrihnami Suprita Harivallabhe॥
- Dorakabandhana (दोरकबन्धन)After Dorakagrahana, devotee should tie the Dorak (the sacred thread) on the hand while chanting following Mantra.
Karishyami Vratam Devi Tvadbhaktastvatparayanah।
Shriyan Dehi Yasho Dehi Saubhagyam Dehi Me Shubhe॥
- Punararghya (पुनरर्घ्य)After Dorakabandhana, now again offer water to Shri Varalakshmi for head Abhishekam while chanting following Mantra.
Kshirarnavasute Lakshmishchandrasya Cha Sahodari।
Grihanarghyam Mahalakshmirdevi Tubhyam Namoastu Te॥
- Bilvapatra (बिल्वपत्र)Offer Bilvapatra to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Shrivrikshasya Dalam Devi Mahadevapriyam Sada।
Bilvapatram Prayachchami Pavitram Te Sunirmalam॥
- Pradakshina (प्रदक्षिणा)Now offer symbolic Pradakshina (circumambulate from left to right of Shri Varalakshmi) with flowers while chanting following Mantra.
Iha Janmani Yatpapam Mam Janmantareshu Cha।
Nivaraya Mahadevi Lakshmirnarayanapriye॥
- Namaskara (नमस्कार)Now pay homage to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Kamodari Namasteastu Namastrailokyanayike।
Harikante Namasteastu Trahi Mam Duhkhasagarat॥
- Vrata Samarpan (व्रतसमर्पण)Now offer Vrata Samarpan to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Kshirarnavasamudbhute Kamale Kamalalaye।
Prayachcha Sarvakamanshcha Vishnu Vakshahsthalalaye॥
- Kshamapana (क्षमापन)Now seek pardon from Shri Varalakshmi for any known-unknown mistakes done during Puja while chanting following Mantra.
Chatram Chamaramandolam Dattva Vyajanadarpane।
Kshamapaye Supacharaih Samabhyarchya Maheshwari॥
- Prarthana (प्रार्थना)Now pray to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Yanmaya Cha Kritam Devi Paripurnam Kurushva Tat।
- Vayanamantra (वायनमन्त्र)Now offer sweets to Shri Varalakshmi while chanting following Mantra.
Vayanam Te Prayachchami Indira Priyatamiti॥
Indira Pratigrihnati Indira Vai Dadati Cha।
Indira Tarakobhabhyamindirayai Namonamah॥
- Puja Samarpan (पूजा समर्पण)Now conclude the Shri Varalakshmi Puja while chanting following Mantra.
Pancha Vayanakanevam Dadyaddakshinaya Yutan॥
Vipraya Chatha Yataye Devyai Tu Brahmacharine॥
Suvasinyai Tatastvekam Dapayechcha Yathavidhi॥
- Varalakshmi Puja Goddess Varalakshmi Puja timings
- Varalakshmi Puja Samagri Puja Samagri used in Varalakshmi Pujan
- Lakshmi Puja Goddess Lakshmi Puja during Diwali
- 108 Lakshmi Names Lakshmi 108 names with video
- 1008 Lakshmi Names Sahasranamavali of Goddess Lakshmi
- Lakshmi Aarti lyrics of Om Jai Lakshmi Mata