Durga Puja Vidhi | Shodashopachara Durga Puja during Navratri
- Dhyana and Avahana (आवाहन)Puja should begin with the meditation and invocation of Goddess Durga, one should chant following Mantra in front of Devi Durga Murti, by showing Avahan Mudra (Avahana Mudra is formed by joining both palms and folding both thumbs inwards).Goddess Durga Puja
Sarvamangala Mangalye Shive Sarvartha Sadhike।
Sharanye Tryambake Gauri Narayani Namoastu Te॥
Brahmarupe Sadanande Paramananda Svarupini।
Druta Siddhiprade Devi Narayani Namoastu Te॥
Sarvasyarttihare Devi Narayani Namoastu Te॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Asana (आसन)After Goddess Durga has been invoked, take five flowers in Anjali (by joining palm of both hands) and leave them in front of the Murti to offer seat to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Aneka Ratnasamyuktam Nanamanigananvitam।
Kartasvaramayam Divyamasanam Pratigrihyatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Padya Prakshalana (पाद्य प्रक्षालन)After offering Asana to Goddess Durga, offer Her water to wash the feet while chanting following Mantra.
Gangadi Sarvatirthebhyo Maya Prarthanayahritam।
Toyametatsukhasparsha Padyartham Pratigrihyatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Arghya Samarpan (अर्घ्य समर्पण)After Padya offering, offer scented water to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Gandhapushpakshatairyuktamarghyam Sampaditam Maya।
Grihana Tvam Mahadevi Prasanna Bhava Sarvada॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Achamana Samarpan (आचमन समर्पण)After Arghya offering, offer water to Goddess Durga for Achamana while chanting following Mantra.
Achamyatam Tvaya Devi Bhakti Me Hyachalam Kuru।
Ipsitam Me Varam Dehi Paratra Cha Param Gatim॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
Achamaniyam Jalam Samarpayami॥
- Snana (स्नान)After Achamana, offer water to Goddess Durga for the bath while chanting following Mantra.
Payodadhi Ghritam Kshiram Sitaya Cha Samanvitam।
Panchamritamanenadya Kuru Snanam Dayanidhe॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
Snaniyam Jalam Samarpayami॥
- Vastra (वस्त्र)After Snanam, offer Moli (मोली) as new clothes to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Vastram Cha Soma Daivatyam Lajjayastu Nivaranam।
Maya Niveditam Bhaktya Grihana Parameshwari॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Abhushana Samarpan (आभूषण समर्पण)After Vastra offering, offer jewelery to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Hara Kankana Keyura Mekhala Kundaladibhih।
Ratnadhyam Kundalopetam Bhushanam Pratigrihyatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Chandan Samarpan (चन्दन समर्पण)After Abhushana offering, offer Chandan to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Paramananda Saubhagyam Paripurnam Digantare।
Grihana Paramam Gandham Kripaya Parameshwari॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Roli Samarpan (रोली समर्पण)Now offer Roli (Kumkuma) as symbol of Akhand Saubhagya to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Kumkumam Kantidam Divyam Kamini Kama Sambhavam।
Kumkumenarchite Devi Prasida Parameshwari॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Kajjalarpan (कज्जलार्पण)After Kumkuma offering, offer Kajal to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Kajjalam Kajjalam Ramyam Subhage Shantikarike।
Karpura Jyotirutpannam Grihana Parameshwari॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Mangal Dravyarpana (मङ्गल द्रव्यार्पण)
- Saubhagya Sutra (सौभाग्य सूत्र)After Kajal offering, offer Saubhagya Sutra to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Saubhagyasutram Varade Suvarna Mani Samyute।
Kanthe Badhnami Deveshi Saubhagyam Dehi Me Sada॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Sugandhita Dravya (सुगन्धित द्रव्य)Now offer scent to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Chandanagaru Karpuraih Samyutam Kunkumam Tatha।
Kasturyadi Sugandhashcha Sarvangeshu Vilepanam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Haridra Samarpan (हरिद्रा समर्पण)Now offer turmeric to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Haridraranjite Devi Sukha Saubhagyadayini।
Tasmattvam Pujayamyatra Sukhashantim Prayaccha Me॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Akshata Samarpan (अक्षत समर्पण)After Haridra offering, offer Akshata (unbroken rice) to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Ranjitah Kankumaudyena Na Akshatashchatishobhanah।
Mamaisha Devi Danena Prasanna Bhava Shobhane॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Pushpanjali (पुष्पाञ्जलि)Now offer Pushpanjali to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Mandara Parijatadi Patali Ketakani Cha।
Jati Champaka Pushpani Grihanemani Shobhane॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Bilvapatra (बिल्वपत्र)Now offer Bilvapatra to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Amritodbhava Shrivriksho Mahadevi! Priyah Sada।
Bilvapatram Prayacchami Pavitram Te Sureshwari॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Dhoop Samarpan (धूप समर्पण)Now offer Dhoop to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Dashanga Guggula Dhupam Chandanagaru Samyutam।
Samarpitam Maya Bhaktya Mahadevi! Pratigrihyatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Deep Samarpan (दीप समर्पण)Now offer Deep to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Ghritavarttisamayuktam Mahatejo Mahojjvalam।
Dipam Dasyami Deveshi! Suprita Bhava Sarvada॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Naivedya (नैवेद्य)Now offer Naivedya to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Annam Chaturvidham Svadu Rasaih Shadbhih Samanvitam।
Naivedya Grihyatam Devi! Bhakti Me Hyachala Kuru॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Rituphala (ऋतुफल)Now offer Rituphala to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Drakshakharjura Kadaliphala Samrakapitthakam।
Narikelekshujambadi Phalani Pratigrihyatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Achamana (आचमन)Now offer water to Goddess Durga for Achamana while chanting following Mantra.
Kamarivallabhe Devi Karvachamanamambike।
Nirantaramaham Vande Charanau Tava Chandike॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
Achamaniyam Jalam Samarpayami॥
- Narikela Samarpan (नारिकेल समर्पण)Now offer Narikela (coconut) to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Narikelam Cha Narangim Kalingamanjiram Tva।
Urvaruka Cha Deveshi Phalanyetani Gahyatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Tambula (ताम्बूल)Now offer Tambula (Paan with betel nuts) to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Elalavangam Kasturi Karpuraih Pushpavasitam।
Vitikam Mukhavasartha Samarpayami Sureshwari॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Dakshina (दक्षिणा)Now offer Dakshina (gift) to Goddess Durga while chanting following Mantra.
Puja Phala Samriddhayartha Tavagre Svarnamishwari।
Sthapitam Tena Me Prita Purnan Kuru Manoratham॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Pustak Puja and Kanya Pujan (पुस्तक पूजा एवं कन्या पूजन)
- Pustak Puja (पुस्तक पूजा)After Dakshina offering, now worship books which are used during Durga Puja while chanting following Mantra.
Namo Devyai Mahadevyai Shivayai Satatam Namah।
Namah Prakrityai Bhadrayai Niyatah Pranatah Smatam॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Deep Puja (दीप पूजा)After worshipping books, perform lightening and worshipping of Deep Deva during Durga Puja while chanting following Mantra.
Shubham Bhavatu Kalyanamarogyam Pushtivardhanam।
Atmatattva Prabodhaya Dipajyotirnamoastu Te॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Kanya Pujan (कन्या पूजन)Kanya Puja is also significant during Durga Puja. Hence after Durga Puja, girls are invited for the sumptuous meal and offered Dakshina i.e. gifts. While offering Dakshina to girls, following Mantra should be chanted.
Sarvasvarupe! Sarveshe Sarvashakti Svarupini।
Pujam Grihana Kaumari! Jaganmatarnamoastu Te॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Nirajan (नीराजन)Now perform Goddess Durga Aarti after chanting following Mantra.
Nirajanam Sumangalyam Karpurena Samanvitam।
Chandrarkavahni Sadrisham Mahadevi! Namoastu Te॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
Karpura Nirajanam Samarpayami॥
- Pradakshina (प्रदक्षिणा)Now offer symbolic Pradakshina (circumambulate from left to right of Goddess Durga) with flowers while chanting following Mantra.
Pradakshinam Trayam Devi Prayatnena Prakalpitam।
Pashyadya Pavane Devi Ambikayai Namoastu Te॥Om Bhurbhuvah Svah Durgadevyai Namah
- Kshamapan (क्षमापन)Now seek pardon from Goddess Durga for any known-unknown mistakes done during Puja while chanting following Mantra.
Aparadha Shatam Devi Matkritam Cha Dine Dine।
Kshamyatam Pavane Devi-Devesha Namoastu Te॥
- Durga Puja brief introduction on Durga Puja
- Ghatasthapana auspicious time for Kalash Sthapana
- Durga Puja Calendar list of all events during five days Puja
- Navratri Calendar with 9 different colors of Navratri
- Sandhi Puja Timings with Sandhi Puja Muhurata and duration
- Vijayadashami the culmination of 9 days Durga Puja festivity
- Ayudha Puja the day of Shastra Puja or Astra Puja
- 9 Navpatrika Leaves list of 9 leaves used during Durga Puja
- Durga Aarti lyrics of Ambe Tu Hai Jagadambe Kali
- Durga Chalisa 40 verse prayer of Goddess Durga
- Goddess Durga 108 names Ashtottara Shatanamavali of Durga
- Durga Saptashati list of Devi Mahatmya all chapters
- Navdurga 9 Goddesses of Navratri
- Dasha Mahavidhya 10 forms of Shakti
- Durga Puja Greetings e-greetings and e-cards for Durga Puja
- Navratri Greetings e-greetings and e-cards for Navratri
- Bengali Rangoli beautiful Alpana Designs of Bengal
- Ghatasthapana Puja Vidhi Puja Vidhi to start Navratri
- Sapta Dhanya 7 grains during Navratri
- Pushpanjali offering flowers with Mantra during Durgotsav
- Dhunuchi Dance along with the rhythmic beats of Dhak